Queensland renewable energy jobs double in four months
The number of jobs in Queensland's renewable energy industry has almost doubled in four months, a new report reveals.
The latest Renewable Energy Index by Green Energy Markets showed there were 7194 renewable energy construction jobs in Queensland in October.
That was up from 3634 at the end of June, the report - paid for by GetUp - showed.
- The number of jobs in Queensland's renewable energy industry has almost doubled in four months
- 7194 renewable energy construction jobs in Queensland in October, up from 3634 at the end of June
- Small-scale solar was also booming, with 15,736 systems, representing more than 100 megawatts of rooftop solar capacity, installed across the country in October.
- In Queensland, 3960 rooftop solar systems were installed last month, supporting 1347 full-time jobs
- Labor has committed more than $150 million to expand renewable energy in Queensland, including solar panels for schools and a solar thermal power plant.
- LNP leader Tim Nicholls described Labor's policy as "more money for renewables that are going to cost jobs in regional Queensland" and said baseload power was more reliable.
Maybe the LNP will look beyond their ridiculous conservative ideals to the facts. The facts are that the jobs are in renewables, not in mining coal.
Tags: leftwing.info, leftwing, news, australia, politics, political commentary